Wednesday, December 2, 2009

LOOK BOSS! The canes, the canes!


I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the things I have on my to do list, but one more is finally checked off!

When I make my face beads, they have no background material, so I have to stretch the canes to reduce them to the size I use.  That always leaves a bit of tapered end material that is unusable unless I completely mash the faces.  I picked up some translucent clay - I used a mixture of fimo effects white transparent and premo translucent - and surrounded the ends with it, making sure it was thicker at the thicker end, then rolled it gently into usable 1/2" canes.  I'm keeping a bit to play with for some jewelry designs I have in my head, but have put the rest up for sale on my etsy store.  I'd love to see what the talented polymer clay artists out there can do with my designs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails