Thursday, May 26, 2011

"It's a Girl" Business Card Case

Well, I haven't posted here in forever. Unfortunately my life took a very stressful turn, but as with most things it is passing and returning to a busy form of sanity. And as that sanity returns, I'm playing with a few creative inspirations that have come my way. This is a new tutorial that I have posted in my shops and on ClayLessons. It's for a fun 'chevron' style background using a stacked cane and a rippled blade. I've been playing around with it some and it's fun to change up the width of the layers for effect and throw in some gold foil, etc. You'll probably see more items with this pattern over time and here is a few that I made in a southwestern color scheme. This is all in preparation for a article I'm writing up that I hope to get published in the near future about mosaic style creations I've been making like my musical art tins. I hope to include a few of my favorite technique artists in my article as well and give their wonderful inspirations some well deserved recognition.






Thought for the day: I've been talking a lot to my son lately. He's becoming a very strong young man and thinking about what he stands for - his beliefs and goals and what's in his heart. I think it's one of the most satisfying things I've experienced as a parent to listen to your child as they talk about what defines them, knowing that they're strong enough to be their own person no matter whether their beliefs are those you share or not. And isn't that what parenting is all about? - to give your child enough love and unconditional support to instill the self confidence to be who they were meant to be. I just can't put into words how proud I am of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails