Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's a bead FRENZY!

Lots of Beads!
Lots of Beads!
Originally uploaded by RenGalSA


You know - i'm always trying to be as ......well, stingy ... with my creations as possible. I spend so much time making my lovely creations, even after I get something put together the little designs on the scraps just scream to have some use, too! So I've been experimenting. Sure, lots of the scraps go into piles to be used as scrap clay to cover bases or for templates - BUT, I've been using more and more to make beads to add more depth and interest to my pieces. Above is a collection of swirled lentil beads and pillow beads that I created - some from the same canes! I tumbled them all with very small river rocks (ok, fish tank rocks - I couldn't find a river close enough) with about a 1/3 of a cup of powdered cleaner (aka ajax) for about 24 hours, then cleaned them and buffed them shiny. Now to make some jewelry - right? I'm still working on some more styles of pillow beads and some tube beads, so look for more bead frenzies in the future!


In preparations for the 4th of July, I threw together some fun red, white, & blue items that I have called "Patriotic Patchwork." So far I have tins, earrings, and memory capsules that will be heading to my shop shortly. Rather than do the star and stripes this year, I used my love, peace, daisy, and little feet canes to add a reminder of what the 4th stands for.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails